Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Blue Bird

Happy Wednesday everyone!  This week I wanted to show a birdhouse card I created by adding some ribbon flowers with different types of ribbon.

For the first flower I used Light Blue w/White Stitched Edge Grosgrain (cut a 5” inch piece of ribbon, sew a running stitch, pulled tightly to form a flower and placed a half sticky pearl in the center). 

The second flower I used 3/8” Funky Vert Stripe Green/Blue Grosgrain (cut a 7” inch piece of ribbon, folded the ribbon into 5 equal sections, sew a running stitch in a U shape on each section, pulled the stitches, sewed together to form a flower and glued a blue dew drop in the center). 

The third flower I used 3/8” Sheer Looped Moss Trim (cut a 5” piece of ribbon, sew a running stitch thru the center, pulled the thread, sewed together to form a flower and placed a half sticky pearl in the center). 

For the fourth flower I first used 3/4” Spring Green Plaid Ruffle by May Arts (cut a 5” piece of ribbon, sew a running stitch, pulled thread tightly and sewed together to form a flower).  I then used 3/8” Moss Olive Swiss Dots Grosgrain (cut a 7” piece of ribbon, divide the ribbon into 5 equal sections, sew a running stitch in a U shape on each section to form petals, pull the stitches to one end and sew together to form a flower).  Place the swiss dots ribbon on top of the plaid ruffle ribbon and place a pearl vintage brad thru the center of both flowers.

The fifth flower I used 5/8” Light Blue Double Ruffle Ribbon (cut a 5” piece of ribbon, sew a running stitch near one side of the ruffle, pull threads tightly, sew together to form a flower and place a half sticky pearl into the center).

I added 2 - 5/8” Sheer Iridescent Copper Organza Ribbon bows using the bow maker. 

Here is my card:

Blue Bird

Stamp:  Blue Bird stamp from Martha Stewart stamp set (colored image with Prisma color pencils and OMS, cut out image and popped up with 3D foam dots).

Sentiment:  Wishing you a Tweet Day sentiment from Clearly Digital Designs – Tweet Day.

Template:  Birdhouse Template by Monica at M.A.D. Stamper.

Card Stock:  Green (TAC), brown and print (Lone Star Scrapbook).

Die-Cuts:  Nestabilities Circles/Scallop Circles.

Embossing Folders:  Cuttlebug With Love Embossing Borders (Flowers – roof and With Love words - bottom of birdhouse).

Punches:  Marvy Round Corner Punch and Fiskars Threading Water Border Punch (roof).

Inks:  Sakura Stardust Gelly Pen (with love words).

Embellishments:  Half pearls, light blue pearl, Pearl Vintage Brad, blue dew drop (acrylic discs), Light Blue w/White Stitched Edge Grosgrain, 3/8” Funky Vert Stripe Green/Blue Stripe Grosgrain, 5/8” Sheer Looped Moss Trim, 3/8” Moss Olive Swiss Dots Grosgrain, 3/4” Spring Green Plaid Ruffle by May Arts, 5/8” Light Blue Double Ruffle Ribbon, 5/8” Sheer Iridescent Copper Organza, 3/16” Moss Mini Ric Rac and 2mm Cocoa Jute String (all ribbons are from Really Reasonable Ribbon).

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope everyone has enjoyed the ribbon flowers I have created for this card.  Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs, Kym

8 comments :

  1. Hi these are fab, I've made flowers with fabric before along time ago but never thought about ribbon , these are fab ,might have to have a play later. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh what a awesome card
    just adore it
    hugs angelique

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a creative use of product and such a beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGoodness!!I am SOooooo in love with your flowers. That is going to be my project of the day I think. If I am succesful I will link back to you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty birdhouse Kym!
    Your flowers are awesome!!!
    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! That is not a bird house. That is a bird mansion. Hee hee. The ribbon flowers remind me of a darling garden.
    Sharon L

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your birdhouse is one of the most FABULOUS creations ever!!! LOVE each and every flower and the colored bird is so real looking! Glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love this project Kym. I think it is my absolute favorite that you have created on the blog. LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say