Wednesday, May 30, 2012

To die for ...



This is my last post as a Guest Designer here on Really Reasonable Ribbon for the month of May.  I've had such fun.  Thank you Bonnie for giving me this wonderful opportunity to be part of the RRR team again.
With so many amazing new dies and cutting machines on the market right now, it's only right that ribbon should be used to help sell them, don't you think? LOL How can you not want to play with layers of ribbon behind the fantastic die-cut shapes on offer?  Paper needs to take a backseat for awhile!  So, here are 2 quick cards I made to get your creative die-cutting and ribbon combo juices flowing.
They are very simple.  I used doublesided adhesive paper on a card scrap for the ribbon layering.  Cut the shape you've chosen (I used my Cuttlebug and Spellbinders' bird and butterfly dies), and decide on your sequence of ribbons to suite the die-cut you're playing with, then cut the required strips of ribbon and lay them down over the adhesive.  Position the ribbon panel behind the shape on your cardfront, use doublsided tape to stick it down in the right place, then pop the top die-cut card up on adhesive foam tape or Pop Dots.  Not only does this add a shadow and therefore dimension to the look of the card, but it also keeps the cardfront elevated above the ribbon panel.  I think it looks good layered this way and it also avoids bumps and an uneven top surface that would result if you adhered the two layers together directly.
I hope you like these cards, and hope that they've inspired you to look at your ribbons and die-cuts in a different light.  Experiment and have fun!



Remember, Really Reasonable Ribbon Rocks!






12 comments :

  1. What an awesome idea!
    Beautiful cards and great technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creative ways of using ribbons..Totally get carried away with the bird..

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super cool technique!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, very stunning technique! Thank you for sharing this and inspiring me at the same time!
    Hugz2u!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you please tell me the name of the embossing folder with the butterflies on it? I have never seen it and, love how it looks on your card. Your cards are beautiful. Thank you for sharing. i want to try this. Edwina Brown edwina.brown@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great new, to me, idea. i love the ribbons behind the dies. great inspiration. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, such a cool way to use ribbon:) TFS! love this!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific cards Tilly. I just love the effect you get using the ribbon strips and the die cuts. Very clever. Thank you so much for guest designing for us for the month of May!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, I have these ribbons! It was my first set after enrolling in your Monthly Ribbon Club. These are some great ideas thank you for your help. I am so looking forward to my next Club package.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work, Tilly!! You did a fantastic job on these cards! I am definitely trying this!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say