Monday, December 22, 2014

Treat Yourself!... to Ribbon!


Christmas is approaching quickly, and if your husband is anything like mine, he doesn't have a clue what you REALLY want.  MANY years ago, I informed my hubby that vacuum cleaners, etc. don't qualify as Christmas gifts.  If you'd like to receive something that you really want this year, I highly suggest either treating yourself to some FABULOUS new ribbons and trims from Really Reasonable Ribbon and just telling him to "consider it a Christmas gift"; OR.....leave him a little "wish list" letting him know you'd like to get the Monthly Ribbon Club subscription.  Trust me, he will be happy to know you're getting something you really want, and you will be happy not to receive a new toaster or a pair of fluffy elephant slippers, but instead...a year of lovely ribbons.  LOL


For this little project, which I placed on my mantel for the Christmas season, I took a vintage wooden thread spool and wrapped it in a length of Wire-Edged Natural Burlap Trim w/Red-White Stitching.  Next, I painted and stamped a wooden snowflake and topped it with a die-cut and stamped angel that I outlined in gold Stickles.  To really make my project stand out, I added a lovely bow made from Lipstick Red and Moss Green Seam Binding.  I added a jingle bell tied with a length of White Jute String.  There's also a small piece of Moss Green Leaf Trim worked into my bow and cascading down.  I tied a miniature tag with a (Praying For You) sentiment on the length of White Jute String.


For my second project (above), I used a sweet Middy Bitty Bag (With Vertical Stripes) and folded it halfway up.  Then I machine stitched the Middy Bitty Bag With Vertical Stripes to create a pocket.  I tucked in a Starbucks gift card, and also added a length of the adorable 2 1/2" Cotton Blend Holiday Snowflake Ribbon.  I used the same 2 1/2" Cotton Blend Holiday Snowflake Ribbon, Red Burlap String, White Jute StringPlaid Christmas Ribbon and White Crochet Lace to create a (removable) hair bow to the gift bag as well.  I used a Medium French Hair Clip to create my hair bow.


All the FABULOUS ribbons, laces and trims from Really Reasonable Ribbon work together beautifully to create the most lovely projects, and really compliment one another.  You're sure to find something WONDERFUL in the Really Reasonable Shop, and I encourage you to take some time browsing, filling your cart, and then.....leaving that subtle little "hint" for your hubby.  Most husbands are grateful to have some ideas and suggestions for what you truly want; and let's be honest here......who doesn't want new ribbon?  I know that I sure LOVE mine!  These ribbons, trims and laces are all such high-quality products, and they look amazing on your cards and projects.
Thanks for stopping by today, and I really hope you will visit us again soon.  We look forward to seeing what YOU will do with YOUR new ribbons and trims from Really Reasonable Ribbon.
Happy crafting and have a blessed week,
Karen

2 comments :

We'd love to hear what you have to say