Sunday, August 2, 2015

Vintage Birthday Wishes

Hi friends.  Today I have a bit of a vintage birthday card to share.  Never really sure if I can pull off the vintage look, but this fits the bill (a little??).  I've embellished with loads of fun ribbons and trims from Really Reasonable Ribbon where you can find what you need for whatever crafting style you favor.
I used two of the ribbon styles from the new August Ribbon Club Assortment on my project along with a few small snippets of Brown Burlap String.  The August Assortment is Autumn Themed, but when you pull out one or two styles, they can work for any variety of themes or styles.
Not a member of our monthly Ribbon Club yet?  JOIN TODAY and begin your subscription with this Autumn mix.  This assortment has 9 styles and a total of 17 yards of ribbon and trim.  What a fun way to build you ribbon stash and try out new ribbon styles.  You might find a new favorite!
I wrapped a piece of turftan brown satin with grosgrain edge around the center panel of the card and secured it on the back.  I layered a piece of 3/8" moss/cream plaid over that and dove-tailed the ends.  My double loop bow was created with the same brown ribbon on my Bow-it-All V2.0.  I added the brown burlap string using the helping hands clips the same way you would add a back ribbon and then trimmed the ends to the desired length.  To view all my Bow-it-All Videos, please visit my YouTube channel HERE.
I added several Wild Orchid Crafts Mulberry Roses in different colors and sizes below the central image for a little something extra.  I coiled the stems around a needle tool for a fun look.

For more information on other products used on my card, please visit my Make Time to Craft Blog.
Thank so much for stopping by today.

~ Bonnie ~

1 comment :

We'd love to hear what you have to say