Saturday, July 8, 2017

A Mini Junk Journal

{judy} Today I want to share several pages of my Junk Journal that I recently completed. This is a ring bound journal that is reinforced by double cardstock on each page, so it is quite sturdy.  Different from the pages you might find in a regular junk journal, which are usually copy paper weight before adding any embellishments and sewn in as "signatures." While I won't be showing all of the page spreads, I will be sharing some of my favorites - and some without ribbon or trim.

Most all of my pages are from a digital kit by Tsunami Rose Designs called Life Abloom. The cover is wrapped with Silky Crush Rose Ribbon, and two large Silky Crush Champagne bows are tied on the outer rings (this journal's "binding"). This is one of my favorite ribbons to work with. It's very slightly stiff, and holds up beautifully to "reworking" when you want to get it just right. There are so many beautiful colors in the RRR Store.
The Prima flower is very sparkly, as it is full of beautiful glitter.

You can see on the next two pages the inside cover, where I also wrapped the Silky Crush Rose Ribbon to match the cover. Keep in mind that these are two separate pages, both printed on copy paper, then attached to their own Kraft Cardstock, and then adhered to each other back to back. So double the weight of a card with embellishments. The rose color in the ribbon matched the color of the digital kit exactly. On the first page of the journal, I added some White Flat Back Pearls with glue dots.

I liked the designs on these pages so much that I didn't cover them up with a lot of "stuff," like I might in another junk journal. On the righthand side of this spread, I attached a length of Rosemary Natural Crochet Lace down the entire page. I thought it fit so well with the design of the doily.

I added the Rosemary Lace on my glassine bag that holds a postcard in this spread. All of the edges of my pages are sponged with Memento Rich Cocoa ink.

The little "woodgrain" envelope on the left of these pages isn't attached, and can move back and forth as an add-in to hold ticket stubs or a little note. The Rosemary Lace on the right is holding the two removable cards for notes or just for decoration.

On these two music themed pages, I changed up the trims, with Soapstone Seam Binding on the left and Chloe Crochet Lace on the right. The seam binding looks a little green in this photo, but Soapstone is kind of a magic color. Since it's close to the green leaves from the roses, it picks up some of those hues as well. My flower is made from an old hymnal I have for papercrafting purposes.



Here is a close up of the Chloe Lace down the side of this page.









These are two of my favorite pages. I had the wooden letters left over from a project from years ago, and finally was able to use them! The Soapstone Seam Binding and Chloe Lace were combined here to hold the mini Memories journaling cards. I added the Kraft die cut on the right side with a fine tip glue pen.


The "summer" letters are about the size of Scrabble tiles.










The add-in on the right is actually a legal sized envelope that just fit perfectly with the theme of the journal. I cut off one end and then punched out the half circle at the top for cards and keepsakes to go inside.
You can see the backside of the envelope peeking out in this picture on the left. I love pink, and this doily has a sparkle to it (not evident here) that added some spunk to the sweet rose journaling paper. 

The last two pages I want to show are more like a signature piece. The typewriter page is actually cardstock from a Prima paper pack. I collect old typewriters, and always have to get a typewriter in my journals somewhere! So while the color doesn't match exactly, I love having this page in there. It is embellished with the beautiful Rosemary Natural Crocheted Lace. You can see another glassine bag that holds the post card laying on top, and the inside back cover behind it. All of my pages and layers, lace and ribbons are adhered with Scor-Tape. I find it to be the best holding, and fastest to apply.

I hope you have enjoyed this walk through some of my journal pages in this Mini Junk Journal!

6 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Esther! I had a lot of fun making it!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Vicki! The embellishments and trims were the most fun!

      Delete
  3. Oh, this is just so feminine & pretty. I love every single page & every
    single element you used.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say