Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Born To Fly

Hello there! I hope everyone had a great 4th! Today I get to share a mixed media piece I designed with lots of flowers, berry clusters and some twine! Come and take a look!
As you can see, ribbon wasn't my main focal point of this particular project. However, flowers played a big part and all of these beauties are available right now at the RRR store! I used some WOC Open Roses IvoryLight Mocha, 2-Tone Light Turquoise, Purple, White Cottage RosesChrysanthemums Off White, and Bead Berry Spray Clusters White. I altered my flowers by painting them with a good coat of white gesso first. After that, I went to town spraying, spritzing and coloring the flowers to make them look really grungy. I splashed a bit of white paint over the top of them after for a slightly splattered look and feel. For more interest, I added a few accents such as the pearly pin, gold bow and stars and metal charm hanging from the button tied into a super-loopy bow with one of my all-time favorite products to use, Burlap Natural String.
I hope you like my piece today! And I hope you've been inspired to try something new, different and fun! Thanks so much for stopping by and happy crafting!

3 comments :

  1. I love this beautiful creation!! It is quite stunning. Love every little
    detail. And I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Fiki and Rebecca Y: Thanks so much for the lovely comments ladies! I really appreciate them!! :)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say