Thursday, July 27, 2017

Vintage Style Songbird Card with Pockets

Hello, Ribbon Lovers!  It's Kathy here with one more project made with the gorgeous Perfectly Purple Ribbon Mix from the July Ribbon Club Assortment.  I have had more fun this month going through my stash looking for papers to go with these fabulous ribbons.  If you love bird images and vintage style like I do, I think you might enjoy today's Vintage Style Songbird Card.


I love working with taffeta ribbon!  It's very easy to manipulate, and it ties the most gorgeous crisp bows!  With the help of my trusty Zutter Bow it All Tool, I created a 3.5" double loop bow from Hyacinth Taffeta ribbon. Then I tied a 3" double loop bow with Delphinium Crosshatch Satin Ribbon. This was glued on top of the larger bow.  I held it in place while the glue set, and adjusted the tails and loops. 

I found this pretty abalone button in my stash, threaded it with a sliver of lavender paper and finished off the bow cluster.

To give the tag layers a finished look, I added a snippet of the crosshatch ribbon under each of these pretty flat back pearl cabochons.

I love to turn a card into a gift by adding goodie filled pockets to the inside.


This upper pocket contains a little gift card wallet. I created a Delphinium Crosshatch Satin Ribbon closure to keep everything secure.  To hold the ribbon in place, I ran 1/4" Scor-Tape around the wallet from back to front.  Then I glued my image over the ribbon and added a pretty gemstone embellishment



By gluing this small tag just along the bottom edge, I created a little tuck spot for a photo.  The tea bag fits there as well.  The gift card can go into the pocket for safe keeping.


I filled the bottom pocket with a pretty vintage style postcard and a handmade button card.

My papers are a mix of Graphic 45 Place in Time and Secret Garden purple papers.  The gorgeous digital bird and frame images are from Polly's Paper Studio Etsy Shop.

It's not too late to get your own Perfectly Purple Ribbon Mix!  Just sign up for the RRR Monthly Ribbon Club and you'll have it in your crafty little hands in no time!

Thanks for stopping by!
Cheerio,
kathy

3 comments :

  1. OMG, I so love this card idea ; it's just so pretty (purple is my favorite color)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love all the little pockets to hide treasures in. Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say