Monday, February 12, 2018

Baby Congratulations

Welcome by the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog today, everyone!  It's Karen Letchworth posting again, and I'm sharing a sweet little Baby Congratulations card I created using some AMAZING products from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I got a little bit creative with the use of one of my favorite wide ribbons.   More about that in a moment, but here's my card:
These patterned papers and sticker (hot air balloon) I used on this card are OLD!!!  They're from a Simple Stories line called Baby Steps, and they were pulled from my stash because I still have quite a bit of this line left.  I pieced them together with Scor-Tape to create my card base.  Then, I ran a width of  Moss Green Seam Binding across the top of my card to create a border there.  I used several White Flatback Pearls from our Embellishments Section to accent my hot air balloon.
I added half of a vintage cream doily at the bottom of my card, and stamped my sentiment (Congratulations) onto that.  I knew that I wanted to create another border where the two bottom patterned papers meet, but I wanted something different from the Moss Green Seam Binding at the top section.  This is where I got super creative!  I've always LOVED all the awesome wider Cotton Blend and Natural Burlap Ribbons carried at Really Reasonable Ribbon, but the one I wanted to use was just a bit too wide for this particular spot.  SO.......I cut a length of the Natural Burlap Green Wire Edge Ribbon and ran it through my die-cutting machine with a scalloped border to create what you see there.  Just above that, I wrapped a long length of knotted Brown Sugar Baker's Twine.
I took a close-up picture of that scallop edge die-cut Natural Burlap Green Wire Edge Ribbon so that you can see how cool it is.  I LOVE that you can die-cut just about anything....including RIBBON!  How cool is that?  I also can't even begin to tell you how much Scor-Tape I use on my cards.  There's some holding down my border trims, and under the balloon sticker.  It's an AWESOME long-lasting AdhesiveReally Reasonable Ribbon has so many wonderful products.  Go ahead, and treat yourself today! 

Blessings to you,
Karen

1 comment :

  1. That is such a sweet and unusual baby card in the deeper colours. I love it! So sophisticated yet still charming for a wee little one. The twill and burlap and twine are lovely trims.
    I like how you have stamped right on the doily. I would never have considered doing that before/ It looks great with out taking away from the laciness of the design. Thank you for getting getting my head thinking! :)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say